Press

Media Contact

To arrange interviews or get other information, contact Mike at press@rescuemarriage.org.

Select media mentions.

Slog – The Stranger- September 11, 2009
SDNN – San Diego News Network – September 15, 2009
Unite the Fight- September 14, 2009
The Young Turks- September 18, 2009

29 Responses to Press

1. CM says:

I don’t live in California, but you have my support. Great way to make a point about the hypocrisy of prop 8

2. Jakaze says:

i hope people realize that he’s banning divorce, not legalizing gay marriage -_-’

3. yucco says:

Where do I send my money? I hope the Catholic Church, the Mormon Church, and all other evangelicas support this initiative/proposition.

4. Divorced says:

You know something, I am going through a divorce as I type. I married a man and he turned info an abusive alcoholic. The cops were called several times. Until I had the courage to move out. I am all for divorce. I am also all for gay marriage and I think that is a crock of crap that they wont legalize it. But as for banning divorce… HAHA that will never happen. My boyfriend is also divorcing his ex because she cheated on him and started using drugs. They have two kids together. There are circustances that happen and if divorce is banned, those people will loose their life. Who is anyone to say that God loves you less because you are divorced now. God loves you no matter what! People marry the wrong person. It happens. Once my divorce and my boyfriends divorce is final…him and i can talk about marriage. it opens a better door for people.

• Jessie says:

I don’t think anyone actually here wants divorce to be banned. Maybe there are some people that want divorce banned, but I was under the impression that the 2010 Marriage Protection Act is more of a way to bring attention to the fact that people are picking and choosing which parts of the ‘traditional values’ of marriage should continue to be upheld, and that it is totally hypocritical. I think everyone here knows that if this were to make it on the ballot, it wouldn’t be passed, but that just getting it on the ballot would bring a huge amount of attention to the issue of inequality regarding marriage.

• William says:

I says “till death do us part”. You don’t appear to be dead yet.

• Zaydin says:

Um, you do realize this is satire? He’s pointing out that the people who were behind Prop 8 were stating they were ‘protecting traditional marriage’ by banning gays from getting married, they should be willing to support banning divorce, the biggest threat to traditional marriage in existence.

• Christian Love says:

Why would you lie to God when you took your marriage vows?

• Hard says:

Just couldn’t wait to get more dick, you whore. I hope the 2nd one beats your slutty ass worse than the first.

5. Nichole Foster says:

I agreee completly with the comment posted by “Divorced”. There are many, many circumstances in which people divorce, I do not believe it is right whatsoever to make it impossible for people to divorce. I want to ask, what about women in abusive relationships, men in abusive relationships, people who’s spouses have commited adultry or started using drugs, kids taken from family and forced to marry (which we all know does happen!) What about the safety and well being of our kids? That’s what we should be worrying about! I am all for gay marriage why stop two people who love each other from getting married? It doesn’t hurt anyone,but this (prop. 8) will! This will hurt people, mostly, our children, the ones in our lives’ were suppost to be looking out for and protecting. I myself got married 2 weeks after turning 16 years old because I became pregnant at 15 and all we wanted was to be a family, so right after I turned 16, my mother had to give consent but with that,we were able to get married. That was over 5 years ago and my husband & I are still happily married and plan to be for the rest of our lives. We’ve dealt with some really tough issues, like infidelity but have managed to work through it all. I definantly believe people should do everything possible in order to save their marriage,but sometimes it just can’t be saved and sometimes, it’s the best thing that can happen for those involved. I am completly against this prop. 8 even though I don’t live in California it’s something I feel very strongly about. I truely hope that the people doing this will stop at look at all sides of this before they push it any further. Although married couples should not divorce, they should try any and all other options first, sometimes, it’s what’s best. I truely hope people will realize all married couples are not as happy and loving as others. We can’t tell people what they can and can not do, that’s our American right!

• Soadfreak69 says:

This is why you need to get to know somebody before you marry them!

• Divorced says:

Sometimes you think you know who you are marrying… then once that paper is issued and filed they change! It happens to quite a bit of people. My husband was not an alcoholic or abusive before we married…I thought I was marrying the right person. Turned out I didnt. My parents are divorced and remarried. Each of them SUPER happy. Shit happens. But you can legally keep two people together that dont want to be together.

• Nichole Foster says:

Again, I completly agree with “Divorced” as sometimes you could date a person for years and as soon as you get legally married, they change. I believe it’s safe to assume your not married. It’s hard to understand why someone would be so close-minded as to say, “well, it’s your own fault, you should’ve known better and gotten to know them better.” There’s men out there that purposly charm women into believing their someone their not. In my opinion that’s like telling abused women “sorry he’s abusive but you really should’ve known what your getting yourself into” and what about all the other million reasons people divorce. Forcing two people to stay married that are not happy & want a divorce is morally wrong and will only end up causing more damage to those involved including & most importantly our children!

• Wade says:

Everytime it rains in California, that is God crying because heterosexuals are getting divorced. He wants you to know that He gave you and only you the right to holy matrimony. Therefore, you owe it to Him to stay married no matter what. Don’t screw it up for everyone else by invoking God’s wrath!

• Hard says:

Your obviously a fucking retard.

6. Wspencer says:

Wish I lived in CA! Joke or not, it’s brilliant!

7. Ben says:

Bravo! Sorry straight people. You said “till death do us part…” and YOU AIN’T DEAD YET! You reap what you sow! I can’t wait until this passes! I’m gay and in a 12-year non-married-gay-homo-relationship. And we can walk away wheeeeeneeever we want. Ha, ha, straight people!!!!! You wanted aaaaaaallll to yourselves…Now Take It!

• Confidential says:

Till death do you part is often a goal. I would’ve gladly killed the drunken whore I was married to that drank and nagged literally 24 hours a day, except when she was passed out drunk. I literally held myself back from choking her to death just to shut her up, and decided it wasn’t worth 15 to life to kill the bitch.

Divorce was my best option in lieu of Murder. For the fags, I could care less what you do. You should be able to enjoy divorce like the rest of us, lose half your stuff, and be told by some judge (like these fools here) you should have known better.

Actually being straight, old, and overweight myself….Be gay, it’s less competition for me that I don’t need for the straight women. Bi-Women is even better, get two for one. This is just another idiotic religious group trying to cram their 1st century superstitions down the throats of others that aren’t brainwashed like they are.

One thing about California, it’s like a bowl of Granola. By the time you brush away the Fruits and Nuts, you find the Flakes underneath.

8. howard friedman says:

how can we get petitions ?. here in Lincoln there are many in support of your efforts. Thanh you.

9. Confidential says:

It’s bad enough you idiots believe in invisible friends and Magical Deities that control your destiny. But to ban marriage? WTF is wrong with you idiots other than being brainwashed religious nuts?

If divorce is banned because of your 1st Century superstitions, in lieu of me being able to divorce the drunken whore I was married to that spent all my money on wine, screwed everybody in town….my only other option would have been to kill the bitch.

I don’t have a problem with fags marrying each other. They should be allowed to suffer and lose half their stuff just like straight couples. What they do behind closed doors as consenting adults in this free country you are trying to destroy, is no one’s business.

For you idiots that are stupid enough to join this group, you are the reasons fanatics continue to burn down churches all over the country. It’s stupid groups like you and religion that destroys countries, families, and many times the reasons for war, murder, and persecution.

10. Mark says:

I volunteer to gather signatures! I love this idea. It’s brilliant.

11. Julikins says:

If you ever want to discriminate against someone or justify your hatred or prejudice all you have to do is say “The bible says…” or “God said…” and then you can say anything you want.

However if you say you were talking to God and he told you to kill someone, then obviously that wasn’t God talking. It was the devil. But how do we know the devil isn’t making these phobes campaign against same sex marriage? And those people who stand on the pulpit asking for donations… isn’t money the root of all evil? Are they being controlled by the devil too? Gosh! Maybe the devil is behind all of this hatred!

Flip Wilson was right. “The devil made me do it!”

12. Roger Youell says:

Since its debut, CNN has expanded its reach to a number of cable and satellite television companies, several websites, and specialized closed-circuit channels (such as CNN Airport Network). The company has 36 bureaus (10 domestic, 26 international), more than 900 affiliated local stations, and several regional and foreign-language networks around the world. The channel’s success made a bona-fide mogul of founder Ted Turner and set the stage for the Time Warner conglomerate’s eventual acquisition of Turner Broadcasting.`

Au revoir